Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Say Cheese.....

Well, it’s been a while since my last blog post and if I am going to keep this up and achieve my blogging resolution, it’s time for another entry!


So this, for lack of a better idea, will be my camera post. Now, as most of you may know from following Amanda, she loves to take pictures. She (we) has (have) gone through at least 3 digital cameras in the last 9 years and there are at least 80GBs of space taken up by photos on our external hard drive. So when our latest digital camera finally died, it was time to join the big leagues and she (we) decided to purchase the Canon Rebel XSi DSLR camera. It is an amazing camera and takes amazing photos, but it kind of big and not a camera Amanda can just throw in her purse for spur of the moment photography.


To remedy this, my in-laws got me (and Amanda) a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS digital camera for Christmas! It is a an amazing second camera that, in addition to being smaller than the DSLR, will allow me to take my own pictures in addition to the pictures Amanda takes when we go out. I have already taken a few photos just to try it out! Check them out:



A holiday shot in Williamsburg


Another holiday shot in Williamsburg


A Williamsburg shot


Yet another holiday shot in Williamsburg


Domino


Another of Domino


Domino & Lita's new food and water dishes
I can't wait to take more!
However, as good as our second camera is, it is also too big to just throw into Amanda’s purse. So we are now contemplating purchasing the Canon PowerShot SD780 IS digital camera to give us a third option for our photographic needs. It is sleek, small enough to throw into Amanda’s purse and is a Canon so it fits all our remaining criteria! Plus Mel has it and it works wonderfully.  Is it a bit excessive? Probably. But when you take as many pictures as Amanda does, it will be nice to distribute the workload and hopefully keep each of our cameras longer than 3 years! And if not, at least I will have been able to take some photos of my own in the mean time…..I just don’t have my hopes up when it comes to using the biggest camera in the room when Amanda is around…










1 comment: