Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday - January 2, 2011

Day 2.....

It was a fantastically lazy day today and Amanda and I didn't do too much at all.  I started off the day by getting up later than usual and sluggishly going downstairs to crash on the couch.  After several episodes of "American Dad" on Netflix, I decided to watch "Shutter Island" as it was now available streaming on Netflix as well.  Overall, the movie was pretty good.  I would definitely recommend it, but it's not a movie I feel the need to watch over and over again. 


After the movie, it seemed as good a time as any to take a nap while Amanda played World of Warcraft.  Once I got up and Amanda felt like she was finished questing for the time being, we decided to work on a dresser project we started months ago after purchasing three mid-century modern dressers from someone in the city.  Each dresser was definitely in need of some refinishing and once they are done they are going to look fantastic in our bedroom!

Low Boy - Needs 1 more coat of white paint and a coat of polyurethane

The Tall Boy - Needs 1 more coat of primer, 2 coats of white paint, 1 coat of polyurethane and the drawers need to be lined to match the Long Boy (the wood color is truer to the Low Boy pictured above)

Side Table - needs 1 more coat of primer, 2 coats of white paint, 1 coat of polyurethane, the drawer needs to be lined and Amanda wants to do a fun paint job that is undetermined that this point

After working on the dressers for a bit and with a need to wait for the primer to dry, we met Mel and Andy at Garibaldi's on Randall Road for dinner.  We always have so much fun at dinner and I am not sure how we got on the subject of TV shows from the '60s to the early '90s, but at least it was a fun discussion where the phrase "catch phrase" ("Did I do that?", "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" and "Hi, my name is Darrel and this is my brother Larry and my other brother Larry." to name a few) was uttered repeatedly as memories of tuning into Nick at Nite were sparked!

After dinner, Amanda and I ran to Target and then home to check on the pups - who, incidentally, made a decent sized mess while we were away.  After we cleaned up and they ate dinner, Amanda and I decided to hit the gym.  We just got back not too long ago and are both exhausted after our workouts.  We have been going to the gym fairly regularly for the last few months, so we decided that instead of making going to the gym a New Years resolution this year (a resolution that I have been making for years), our resolution is to go to the gym as consistently as possible and to continue working out with our personal trainer in an effort to get fit!

So now, I am trying to decide if I want to watch TV, put another coat of primer on the Tall Boy and side table or just go to bed.  In any case, Amanda and I have still have tomorrow and Tuesday off from work, so I don't feel an overwhelming need to start something else tonight or an overwhelming sense of dread that I have to get up early in the morning and so I need to go to bed now.....even though Annie says otherwise.   




1 comment:

  1. You make it sound like I am constantly playing WOW...you should mention how I made a coat for a doxie friend too!!!!!!! I do other things, too, you know! :)

    ReplyDelete